2 thoughts on “Plume Agate Nodule – Walker Ranch

  1. I would like to be able to go Rock Hunting at the Big Bend area. Is there State restrictions?

    • Hi! All the land in this part of Texas is either privately owned or part of a state or national park. The only places you can go rockhunting without a guide are the two ranches that are occasionally open to the public for a fee (The Woodward Ranch and the Stillwell Ranch), or by rockhunting the road cuts. Or you can go on a field trip with me, which does cost money, but is worth it because you get access to land that has not been picked over. See the “Locations” tab above for further information.


Leave a Reply